Friday, August 17, 2012

bareMinerals

Well, it's kind of embarrassing but, at 21, I lack any shred of make up skill. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to makeup and I never wear it. However; as a model, I also need to be my own makeup artist. I have tons of makeup but never wear it. If I wear anything, I wear: a b.b. cream, a finishing powder over that, maybe some bronzer for contouring, clear mascara and sometimes a lip butter/gloss/lipstick.

The bottom line is: if you're getting professional pictures taken of you, you need to be wearing makeup; and the makeup has to look good. A high-res photo of less-than-perfect skin with no makeup just doesn't look good - trust me, I know first hand.

So this is really one of my projects: gaining some knowledge on all things makeup and also getting some sort of skill applying it, (for photo's only, not so much daily wear).

I cant afford to go to Sephora and ask the people there to pick out some things that would be best for me, so instead I got this bareMinerals 9-piece get started kit (in "tan") from Bare Escentuals...which, I guess, is a really silly way of spelling essentials.

Anyway I'm hoping this helps me In the foundation area, which is where I'm starting. I'll probably put these updates on the product review page. I plan to have this done by today :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

any thoughts?